Tuesday, August 17, 2021

My Own Fortress Against the Storms of Life

 Home seems to be a topic on my mind lately.  The pandemic has put a spot light on "Home" as a shelter and a protection against the forces that swirl around us.  The word "home" brings up feelings as well.  

When I purchased the home I have now, I was excited to find the furnishings I had collected over the years found perfect places in the different rooms.  A Japanese Silk White Kimono was the first item hung on a wall.  It still hangs after almost 20 years on the landing of the stairs.  When you enter through the front door you can't miss seeing it.  From there antique clocks and family paintings were hung.  

My study of Feng Shui, which is a topic for another day, became the foundation of how I placed items.  The goal was to make the home a connection to the unseen world as well.  The back of the house was supported by evergreen and pine trees.

Creating a Magical Home has been my goal.  It takes time to develop.  It also changes over time.  Keeping the family safe from the harm has been important.  

I was raised with a family saying - 

Plenty of food, Warm Blankets, A Warm House and Lots of Love.

Using simple items such as baking soda on the rugs, salt at the doors, chiming clocks with a touch of cooking smells have created a home that smells and feels good.

Enjoy!  

https://www.thrivelife.com/yourpantry FB Group Justice Life Pantry