Here is my to do check list:
- Double Check - Camping equipment including a tent. I keep mine in our "Carriage House" [10x20 storage building). This way I could easily get to it in an emergency.
- Review food storage for easy to eat meals. I am on the search of a good software or app that would help me inventory my items.
- Refill Water - I need to check mine and refill some of my containers. I have a 5 gal in particular that is due to be changed.
- Earthquake/Disaster Insurance - Fortunately I pay that annually. I do live in earthquake country.
- Review my Emergency Plan Excel Spreadsheet. I created one. Now to get it completed. Why do things like this get shelfed? I must bring it forward again.
- Review the vehicles emergency supplies.
- So....get this printed and put on the white board. Yes, we have a white board where we have the weekly schedule and a "to do list".
FEMA – Suggests Preparation for 72 hours and 2 weeks. http://www.fema.gov/plan/index.shtm
I personally keep months worth of food and supplies.
Now to act on this! Judy