Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Emergency Supplies for the Unexpected Hospitalization and Recovery

With all of the earthquakes families have been thinking of starting preparation for emergencies or updating their emergency supplies. It is good to do this. Others are developing a 3 month or more supply of food and necessities because of concern of loss of employment. I have spent years trying to keep a full pantry. I recently discovered another reason I have not seen discussed in the blogs – hospitalization. March offered me another reason to keep a good pantry and supplies on hand. I went into the hospital on March 5, 2011. I spent a week “enjoying” the services of the hospital. My husband found himself becoming a caregiver. The whole month has become embroiled in recovery. It will be another month building my strength. The full pantry has really helped save time and energy for my husband. He only had to reach on the shelf at home to supply my needs. Shopping was almost eliminated in the process. I am facing a possible surgery in 2-3 months. I hope to make sure the pantry is full for that time as well. Preparation for the emergency is important but the emergency might be hospitalization and recover. It might be a good time to check your pantry and see if it is full. Judy